COOPERATION OF THE INSTITUTE OF PLANT PROTECTION – NATIONAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute cooperates with units acting in the area of agriculture in its broadest sense:
- Main Inspectorate of Plant Health and Seed Inspection,
- Scientific units, research institutes and the institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences,
- Universities and schools of agriculture,
- Centre of Agricultural Advisory and district centres of agricultural advisory,
- Research Centre for Cultivar Testing,
- Unions, associations, federations and agricultural chambers,
- Plant breeding facilities and state companies,
- Phytopharmaceutical companies.
The Institute of Plant Protection – NRI carries out tasks with the above-named units within its statutory tasks, Multiannual Programme, as well as common national and international projects. This cooperation is performed on different levels and concerns numerous topics within the scope of plant protection, and includes scientific, training, implementation and publication issues.
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION OF THE INSTITUTE OF PLANT PROTECTION
NATIONAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The employees of the Institute of Plant Protection – NRI participate annually in many international conferences and workshops. They complete numerous apprenticeships and practices. Thanks to the contacts with specialists from different foreign scientific centres, the Institute has started cooperation within two-party agreements and signed letters of intent, among others with universities in Spain, Belarus, Kazakhstan, the Ukraine, Russia and China. The IPP – NRI employees have completed apprenticeships in Great Britain, Italy, Germany, the Czech Republic, Japan and many more. They have also hosted apprentices from China and Kazakhstan. The multiannual and ever deeper cooperation with different foreign partners has resulted in common scientific publications and realization of international research projects, among others with scientists from Spain, Germany, the Czech Republic, Belgium, France, Italy, Denmark and Sweden. The IPP – NRI employees belong to about 40 international scientific associations and editorial boards of international scientific publishing houses
The foreign scientists take part in the international conferences organized by the Institute and the annual scientific sessions devoted to the protection of agriculture and orchard plants, as well as vegetables. These meetings constitute a great occasion for discussions, exchange of views and experiences, and subsequently for establishing cooperation, as well as taking up next scientific challenges.
The scientists from all over the world who deal with all kinds of plant protection are given the chance to publish the results of their research in the English quarterly Journal of Plant Protection Research issued in our unit (http://www.plantprotection.pl/).
The Institute of Plant Protection – NRI makes every effort to make it possible for its employees to have contacts with scientists world-wide and supports all kinds of initiatives of establishing cooperation.
Everybody interested is invited to cooperate.
BILATERAL AGREEMENT WITH FOREIGN PARTNERS
- Bilateral Agreement between Belarusian Scientific-Research Institute of Plant Protection and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on: „Integrated systems for protecting agricultural crops against harmful organisms” (Renegotiation of a bilateral agreement – February, 2009–indefinite).
- Cooperation Agreement between Institute of Applied Microbiology of Xinjiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences of China and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on „Research cooperation on microorganism resource and microbial control of crop pests and diseases” (protocol of Bilateral Agreement, November 11, 2010).
- Cooperation Agreement between Institute of Applied Microbiology of Xinjiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences of China and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on „Collaboration and communion in such research fields as production technique of safe agricultural products and biological control” for years 2011–2014.
- Letter of Intent on cooperation between Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute and Jilin Academy of Agricultural Sciences (China) confirming the will of cooperation in research area of pesticide residues, food safety, development of sustainable agriculture techniques and scientific exchange. November 31, 2015.
- Letter of Intent on cooperation between Institute of Plant Protection of Xinjiang Academy of Agricultural Science (China) and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute in terms of: Pesticide spray application techniques, detection and degradation technology for pesticide residue and Integrated Pest Management technology for arable crops. (protocol of the Agreement, July 12, 2012).
- Bilateral Agreement between Instituto de Biologia Moleculary Celular de Plantas (Spain) and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on: „Genetic diversity of different plant viruses and their molecular evolution” for years 2017–2020.
- Bilateral Agreement between Instituto de Biologia Moleculary Celular de Plantas (Spain) and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on: „Genetic diversity of different plant viruses and their molecular evolution” for years 2012–2015.
- Agreement on establishing the international scientific and educational consortium between Kazahk National Agrarian University (Kazakhstan) and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute (protocol of the indefinite agreement, November 24, 2011).
- Bilateral Agreement (Memorandum of Understanding) between Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute and Kazahk National Agrarian University (Kazakhstan) on: cooperation in the promotion, strengthening and deepening of bilateral cooperation in the field of agricultural, science and technology for years 2015–2020 (protocol of the bilateral agreement, September 2015).
- Bilateral Agreement between Kazahk National Agrarian University (Kazakhstan) and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on expansion and strengthening of scientific and educational exchange and cooperation for years 2011–2014.
- Bilateral Agreement on cooperation with All-Russian Institute of Plant Protection (Russia) on development of science in the field of plant protection in 2013–2018 (protocol on bilateral cooperation from 2003, renegotiation previous agreement – protocol May 15, 2013).
- Bilateral Agreement between The National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine and Institute of Plant Protection – National Research Institute on „Integrated protection of agricultural crops against harmful pests” (protocol of indefinite Bilateral Agreement 2011).
- Bilateral Agreement with Ukrainian Scientific and Research Station in Chernivtsi on „Examination of harmful invasive organisms” for years 2011–2015.
- Bilateral Agreement on scientific cooperation to develop science in the field of plant protection with Ukrainian Engineering and Technology Institute "Biotechnika" in Hlebodarskoje (Odessa region) for years 2007–2012.