– Study on the genetic variability of nematodes belonging to Globodera, Meloidogyne, Ditylenchus, and Pratylenchs spp. occurring in Poland.
– Development of protocols based on molecular biology techniques for application in detection of quarantine nematode species
– Identification, molecular and phylogenetic characteristics of selected strains and isolates of plant viruses: Peanut stunt virus (PSV), Tomato torrado virus (ToTV) and Potato mop-top virus (PMTV).
– Analysis of host-virus interactions on the examples of plant viruses: PSV, ToTV and PMTV.
– Study of satellite RNA of PSV in pathogenesis progress on selected host plants.
– Proteome profiling of plants infected by viruses and nematodes.
– Analysis of interpopulation and interspecies variability of chosen stored-products pests and crop pests.
– Study of molecular mechanisms of resistance to selected insecticides in pollen beetle (Meligethes aeneus F.)
– Molecular diagnostics of stored-products insect pests belonging to Sitophilus spp. and Tribolium spp.
– Search for pathogenicity determinants and virulence factors encoded by the ToTV genome
– Analysis of the protein-protein interactions between ToTV proteins, overexpression of CP subunits of ToTV and study on the possibility of ToTV application as an expression vector for heterologous proteins production in plants.